Volunteer at Reaching Our Community Youth and Adult Daycare, Inc.
Do you have exceptional training or expertise that you’d love to share with older adults and persons living with a disability? If you’re outgoing and friendly and enjoy teaching and sharing with others, and are looking for way to give back. Below are a few volunteer opportunities available:
- Special Projects:Various special events such as the “senior” prom and other various projects. Hours are bendable.
- Program Assistant Volunteer:
- Volunteers offer assistant to Activities Director and companionship to the participants who attend the programs.
- Work one-on-one with an individual or with groups.
- Conduct small group activities.
- Lead exercise.
- Help in meal preparation.
- Discuss the news and day’s events.
- Art Volunteer:
- Art Volunteers assist staff or lead small group or one-on-one art activities.
- Include planning and implementing art projects, one to two times each month.
- Consist of water or acrylic painting.
- Working with clay, wood working or other appropriate mediums.
- Inter-generational Volunteers: Children who are accompanied by adults can volunteer at the adult daycare for activities such as, arts and crafts, music or exercise, sing a-long. In addition, participants can read story to the children.
- Entertainment Volunteers: share talents such as playing musical instruments, singing, storytelling and performing arts.
- Office Volunteers: Secretarial Volunteers assist the administrative and program staff with answering the phone, making copies, collating training books and/or entering information into the computer.
- Devotions Volunteer: Volunteers lead discussions of a spiritual nature by reading stories, scripture and/or singing hymns with the participants.
- One on One Volunteers: One on One Volunteers work with individuals who benefit from individual attention due to their impairments. Activities may include taking them for a walk, assisting them individually with group activities or just sitting and holding their hand.
- Gardening Volunteers: Volunteers lead activities such as gardening, flower arranging, and crafts with dried flowers, potting flowers and vegetable, etc.
If you are interested in volunteering at Reaching Our Community Youth and Adult Daycare, please contact us:
Jo Anne Owens, RN